Credit Union Membership Requirements
The following are eligible for membership at CTCU:
- Persons that live, work, worship or attend school in Smith County;
- School employees in the following counties:Kaufman, Hopkins, Rains, Smith, Wood and Van Zandt;
- Employees of the following colleges:Lon Morris, Jacksonville Baptist, Texas A&M Commerce;
- Employee groups that are located within 10 miles of the credit union may apply;
- Direct relatives of any member;
- Persons receiving Teachers Retirement as a result of working in our service area;
- Retired teachers and retired certified school personnel who live in our service area*;
- Any business or organization whose employees or members are within this field of membership.
- CTCU Foundation members. For more information on the CTCU Foundation, go to our CTCU Foundation page
*Service area as herein described is to mean the counties in which schools or colleges or universities are located as otherwise described in our eligible field of membership.
NOTE: “In compliance with the U.S.A. Patriot Act, we are required to obtain and verify identification provided for all new account owners and joint owners, using methods permitted by law.”