Cooperative Teachers Credit Union Sponsorships and Donations Guidelines
In a continuous demonstration of the credit union philosophy “people helping people,” Cooperative Teachers Credit Union supports charitable organizations in the communities where our members work and live. CTCU receives many solicitations for donations, volunteer support and community sponsorships. The following provides a guideline for how requests are considered. This assures that CTCU’s charitable, financial resources are used in a way that best serves the membership. These guidelines will not cover every possible request, special need or opportunity; therefore, CTCU may make exceptions in granting contributions or community sponsorships.
Cooperative Teachers Credit Union will provide resources to charitable, educational, and civic outreach efforts that parallel our mission of financial literacy education, and directly supporting organizations that provide resources to the less fortunate in the communities we serve.
In order to be considered for funding, requests must fall into one of the following primary areas of focus:
- Youth financial literacy and general education
- Adult financial literacy education
- Community social programs
- CTCU member organization sponsorships
Preference will be given to requests that:
- Are located within our market areas
- Reflect the mission and values of CTCU
- Are relevant to a majority of our membership
- Fulfill a recognized need and benefit the community at large
We will not consider funding any request for the following:
- Operating or administrative costs
- Any group that represents a conflict of interest for CTCU
- The promotion of religious beliefs
- Individual or school team sport activities or pageants, including travel or competition costs
- Humanitarian projects outside our areas of operation
- Direct contributions to individuals or families in crisis
CTCU will consider sponsorships to civic, recreational or charity events, programs and publications located within our member service area. As a sponsor, CTCU expects to receive published advertising or public name recognition from the requesting organization or group.
How to Apply
All requests must be on an official CTCU application.
Applications must be made 60 days in advance of funding. Completed applications can be submitted:
- By mail to Cooperative Teachers Credit Union, Attn: Community Sponsorship Department, 1424 WSW Loop 323 Tyler, TX 75701
- In person at the CTCU branch location
- Via fax to Community Sponsorship Department at 903-561-9394
You will be notified upon receipt of your application. If your request does meet the guidelines and will be considered for funding, your notification will include the date of the next scheduled Sponsorship Committee meeting. A request for donation does not guarantee funding.
Upon approval of your request, you will be notified in writing at the address provided on the application. Funding should be complete within one week of the committee’s decision. The decision of the committee is final.
Questions? Please call 903-561-2603