As a community-founded, not-for-profit financial cooperative, CTCU is owned by you and our other members- including your neighbors, friends and co-workers. And that means everything we do is in your best interest!
Chartered by a group of Smith County Educators in 1953, our roots run deep. Our commitment to personal service and an honest, caring approach will never change. We really are here for you and the East Texas community you call home.
“To be the Primary Financial Institution for our Field of Membership.”
“Our purpose is to create a thriving cooperative financial institution that will help our members achieve their financial goals by offering comprehensive financial products and services that they can receive in person, on-line or wherever they may be.”
CORE VALUES – WHAT WE STAND FOR
“The Credit Union commits to consistently serve our members in an honest manner that will benefit them and the community we live in.”
Promise to be here in the future when you need us
Conduct ourselves in the same quality way, time and again
Members are the Owners of the Credit Union
Fair and straightforward
We are linked together by a common interest of where we live, work and worship
The following are eligible for membership at CTCU:
- Persons that live, work, worship or attend school in Smith County;
- School employees in the following counties:Kaufman, Hopkins, Rains, Smith, Wood and Van Zandt;
- Employees of the following colleges:Lon Morris, Jacksonville Baptist, Texas A&M Commerce;
- Employee groups that are located within 10 miles of the credit union may apply;
- Direct relatives of any member;
- Persons receiving Teachers Retirement as a result of working in our service area;
- Retired teachers and retired certified school personnel who live in our service area*;
- Any business or organization whose employees or members are within this field of membership.
- CTCU Foundation members. For more information on the CTCU Foundation, go to our CTCU Foundation page
*Service area as herein described is to mean the counties in which schools or colleges or universities are located as otherwise described in our eligible field of membership.
Know someone with a CTCU membership already?
Family and Friend referrals could earn each of you some extra cash!
A Share Savings account is your key to CTCU membership. A $20 minimum deposit opens the door to all the benefits of being a valued CTCU member. Once you become a member, you are a member for life!
NOTE: “In compliance with the U.S.A. Patriot Act, we are required to obtain and verify identification provided for all new account owners and joint owners, using methods permitted by law.”
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.